Monday 20 May 2019

My Experiences at Leadership Camp

On Wednesday, The 15th of May all of the Year 8s went to the Leadership Camp at Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp, Thames. We spent 2 days and 1 morning together and had lots of fun.

MAY 15 , WEDNESDAY

On Wednesday we reached the Camp and were given our cabins and our team adult. After the introduction with Phil ( The Camp Manager ) and Shelly ( Phil's Wife ) my group did a gameshow kind of thing to entertain everyone for about 30 seconds. Every group also did 1 activity that day. My team, Coromandel B, did archery. Kurtas was the best in archery. We had 3 shots each and had about 4 turns so we got 12 shots altogether. 3 of my arrows got to the target. After the activities all of us had afternoon tea and we went into our cabins to put everything into place in our cabins. After that we had Dinner and Dessert. The meal was delicious. We then went to sleep. We tried to tell each other in our cabin scary stories but everybody was tired but none of us could go to sleep because of King. King was talking loudly and was flashing a bright flashlight into everyones eyes and I thought I was blind for about a minute. At about 12 am I went to sleep but woke again at about 6 am and decided to stay awake.

MAY 16 , THURSDAY

Thursday was a very busy day. My team did 5 activities. Our first one was air rifle. We went with Mrs. Flevelle and had a fun time. Some of us were scared to hold an actual gun but got over it after a few shots. All of us got 3 shots and 2 turns. I had all of my bullets in the target but none of them in the Bullseye. The best in air rifle from our team were Kurtas and Josloe.

Our second activity was Flying Fox with Mr. Jacobson who was Coromandel's team adult. We had lots of fun but Petesa and Pelinilose didn't want to go to the flying fox so they just talked to each other.

Our third activity was Games at the gym. At the gym Our team played lots of fun games like Captain's Coming and Multi Sports. Leonardy was the winner of Captain's Coming and just behind him was Nytram. 

Our fourth activity was Paintball. It was Thames vs Coromandel. Paintball was a lot of fun but the paintballs also hurt a lot in close range. Because I just ran for the flag and didn't have a plan I got shot a lot. I got hit in the shoulders once and according to the rules you aren't allowed to get hit so the person who shot should have gotten out but I was in a lot of pain so I just said I got shot on my hand and waited for 30 seconds. Our team won 5 : 1.

Our last activity which was definitely the most fun was Go Karts. At first, I was afraid that I may hit an obstacle so I just put my foot over the accelerator pedal and retracted becuase I was afraid I may hit something. But because there were three laps on the second lap I just put my foot down as hard as I can to accelerate as fast as I can. I almost ran into a tyre but I turned at the last second. The Go Kart was loads of fun and even watching other people was fun because it meant your turn is getting closer.

After that we had a good dinner and dessert and all of us presented our items, had a very fun disco and went to our cabins. We all had a very good sleep.

MAY 17 , FRIDAY   

We all had a way better sleep. And all of us overslept. We heard a buzzer and all of us got awake at the same time. We started to look at each other. We realised we woke at the same time and we had about 20 minutes to get ready which included brushing your teeth, changing and washing our mouth. Me and Lepa who were on the top bed of the bunk bed actually jumped from the top and opened our suitcases. I almost fell over justice who was below me.

All of us got changed as fast as we could and ate breakfast. Friday was a hectic day and everyone had work to do. Me, Justice and Hopa saw that our team was low in points so we cleaned the boys toilet and cleaned the floor. We got a 130 points and won by 2 points but nobody added the points so nobody knew we got 130 points so we know in our minds that we won.

After that we went to a garden and the garden had lots of valuable collectibles like having every soda pop, soft drink, bottle caps and even some ancient maori tools.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Maanas, This is a really comprehensive recount of your time at the recent Year 8 Leadership Camp. I really enjoyed seeing you get involved in all the different activities on offer - it really is a busy 3 days! Thank you for sharing the Indiawale song with all of us too - you were very brave to be up on stage in front of everyone by yourself! Well done Maanas!

    ReplyDelete