Tuesday 26 March 2019

The "Key Words"- Reflection

The term "Key Word" means the important(Key) words we use to research or use to know more about a thing. For example: if you want to search about a ferrari but you don't know its name you could just search up important words to describe that car like "Red" + " Car" + " Nice Looking " + "Fast" you get about 4 million and out of that 400,000 are of Ferrari so that is a 10% chance only on easy adjectives that you will get your item. I got the 400,000 number by adding the name Ferrari so I could see how many websites have the term Red,Car,Nice Looking, Fast and Ferrari. You could get way more specific and get your desired item.



To test this theory, I asked my friend Lepa to describe me Key Words of an item and then after looking for it in the net I got the right item that he described about.
I then tested the theory again with different items and then got the right thing.




In the Web Res File I searched up 23 different keywords searches and got a lot of good hits like the one with the football in which I got the photo I liked a lot and used for my careers slide.




Another important thing to acknowledge are the quotations marks and they affect the searches a lot. Most of the times they help lower the search but sometimes they increase the number of hits.
You can group the words too without the plus and the Quotation marks. Another Very important part is that you can add more key words to the search to be more specific but we should not add random words or we may not get what we wanted.




We also learnt a lot of skills like how to make slides, Add text to slides, how to search for items and images we want, How to copy and paste images and text. 

The above slides includes all of those skills to make a good presentation.

The above skills will be used in the future a lot and especially when we are in the time of AI and robotics. If you don't know how to copy and paste images or how to add slides in a presentation you would probably not get jobs that are complexed that pay high like an engineer or a marketing because they require a person who knows knowledge of modern technology. If you know how to type fast you will be known amongst a lot of people and you may also get lots of jobs that require typing a lot of data. If you wanted to search something like research about someone in your history projects you can easily get a lot of research. For Example I searched about George Washington.
I used the keywords: "george washington"+ " research"+"History"+" important facts"and the first thing I got was a lot of important facts about George Washington and also about his history.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment