Tuesday 18 December 2018

SLJ Day 1 Activity 1 - The Legend of New Zealand



Top 3 Fun Facts about New Zealand that I like are :-

1. The residents of New Zealand are also called Kiwis, but the name is not derived from the fruit but rather from the flightless bird.

2. The second fact that I like the most is that The Auckland City Sky Tower is 328 meters high making it the Tallest free standing structure in the Southern Hemisphere .

3. The third fact that I really like is that there are no snakes in the country.

Source:- https://www.newzealand.com/int/article/fun-facts-about-new-zealand/


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Maanas,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with Izzy, Sophie, Patricia and Lee on the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) programme this year. It is great to see that you have completed six SLJ activities already, including this first task. I really like it that you have included a link to the source of your information. We are often asking students to tell us where they found the info and you have beaten us to it. Way to go!

    Of the three facts that you've included I found that I was the most surprised by fact #3. I didn't realise that we don't have a single snake in New Zealand. Did you know that before reading through the fun facts? Did it surprise you to learn that we don't have any snakes in the country?

    I hope that you will continue to post your work over the summer and participate in the Summer Learning Journey programme. I can tell that you will have a lot to teach us!

    Cheers,
    Rachel (and the SLJ team)

    ReplyDelete